To download Desert Combat Final follow this link: https://goo.gl/XXhsrP
or this link: https://goo.gl/NYnKTM
- Unpack a zip-file in a place convenient for you.
- After unpacking generate a key. Go to a folder with the game, launch _KEY_GEN_FFF_EA121.exe, choose the game BATTLEFIELD 1942, press GENERATE, then CHANGE KEY and Exit
- After that run the file _START_BF1942.bat_ and the game will start itself and connect to the server BF.MAXNET.UA
- When the game starts, don’t forget to change nickname in the settings.
- Enjoy the game!
If nothing happens after the launch of _Start_BF1942.bat_, make sure your CD/DVD-ROM is connected. The game will not start without it. And if you don’t have it at all, install DAEMON Tools or UltraISO and create a virtual CD/DVD drive. Watch the video on how to make it here. After that the game must start with no issues.
Change to a widescreen resolution:
Widescreen display owners will have to adjust some file settings by themselves.
- Go to the directory Battlefield1942\Mods\bf1942\Settings\Profiles\Custom and look for a file Video.con
- Open this file via Notepad and change the parameter value "game.setGameDisplayMode" for the needed resolution, for example: "1366 768 32 60".
1366 - width, 768 - height (insert your own resolution), 32 - colour-reproduction quality (16 or 32), 60 - frequency.
- Save and close the file. Be sure to put a "read-only" attribute in file property.
- Next search for file Battlefield1942\Mods\bf1942\Settings\VideoDefault.con
- Open it and add a line:
- "renderer.fieldOfView 1" - for a 4:3 aspect ratio
- "renderer.fieldOfView 1.33333"-for a 16:9 aspect ratio
- "renderer.fieldOfView 1.25"- for a 15:9 aspect ratio
- "renderer.fieldOfView 1.2"- for a 16:10 aspect ratio
- Save. Done!